Benefits of Exercise
Over the years there has been large-scale statistical studies which have evaluated the relationship between physical activity and cardiovascular disease. One well-known survey compared 31,000 drivers and bus drivers. The study showed that bus drivers had an increased chance of having heart disease than ordinary drivers that adopted other forms of exercises, including walking and other household exercises.
Exercise stimulates the development of new connections with blood vessels, this gives a better blood supply to all the muscles, organs as well as the heart. The UK Government recommends that there should be at least 30 minutes of physical activity, five days a week. The mode of activity is also particularly important, as this would bring greater benefits to the heart, including the following
Increases metabolism, which then increases the chance of burning calories, therefore assist with weight loss
Improved lung capacity
Helps to reduce/ eliminate stress
The body is the most valuable asset we have during our lifetime. The important part is to take care of this as best as we can, providing this with the attention it needs, including good nutrition, sensible exercise and mental wellbeing. Cardio training is one form of exercise that can be achieved.
Cardio training involves any activity that requires the use of the large muscle groups of the body in a regular and uninterrupted manner. It elevates the heart rate between 60 to 85 percent. Examples of these includes walking, jogging, running, aerobics, cycling, swimming and rowing.
Cardio training provides these benefits to the body:
· Provides more energy to the Body
· Gives higher endurance
· Reduces the chances of heart disease
· Reduces the chance of heart related diseases including type 2 diabetes, obesity, high cholesterol.
· Provides strength to the heart and the lungs.
· Controls Weight, which is done by burning more calories. However, this depends on the current weight, including the kind of cardio training that is being done.
· Reduce Body Fat.
· Can help to increase the hormone Dopamine which provides the happy mood feeling, which then helps the body to relax, reduce stress.
Before any exercise can take place, stretching should be done first. Stretching is the act of extending to full length of the body or simply a part of it, which involves straightening or stretching the limbs. Stretching can be easy, and can be done by any person, regardless of their age. Simple stretches can be done every day, incorporated into daily activities, and can be done in less than 10 minutes. Stretching is an essential part of any training or sport. It must be done first before anything else. Stretching the body and the limbs is a good preparation for a more rigorous activity. Most athletes would do the sit and reach, where they position themselves on the floor, extend their legs and reach the tip of their foot with the tip of their hand. Stretching should take no longer than 10 minutes, which will give the body enough opportunity to move and flex the muscles, preparing for more complicated and strenuous movements. Experts however would frown upon going way beyond 10 minutes. Stretching the exercise to 30 minutes or more will already wear out the body. This will not be favourable if one is preparing for a game.
Stretching provides a range of benefits:
· Increase the Range of Movement- the length of the muscles and the tendons are increased. This will help in increasing the range of movement, the limbs and joints way before an injury can take place.
· Increased Ability to Perform- When there is a wide range of movement, the more activity that can be achieved. For example, jumping high without feeling any pain when landing back on the floor. This will also help to start a new sport or improve the fitness. Stretching in this aspect also allows a more active lifestyle.
· Injury Prevention- This can reduce injury to the joints, tendons, and muscles with stretching. When the muscles and tendons are well-flexed, they are considered in good working order. This will help in a faster recovery and decreased soreness. The muscles of the body will be able to take more exhausting and rigorous movements with less chance of being injured.
· Reduce Muscle Tension- If the muscles are given their regular exercises and stretching, it is less likely that they will contract. This can relieve the muscle of any pain or issues
· Enhance Energy- being able to move more will also provide more energy. Stretching will also help enhance awareness, like knowing that the body that can do many things.
· Reduces Cholesterol -research shows that doing prolonged stretching exercises, like yoga, can help to reduce cholesterol in the body. In conjunction with a healthy diet, this could prevent and reverse the hardening of the arteries, reducing the chance of having coronary heart disease.
Incorporating stretching in everyday activities
can provide various benefits, which does not require much effort. Fitness is important
to try and keep the body healthy